Chip's Tip of the Week

[This is the first in, hopefully, a series of tips that I know of that
makes Metastock 6.5 easier to use.  I am offering these in the hopes
that others will do the same.]

Tip #1: Always Save Important Charts inside of a Layout
Have you ever spent time creating a "masterpiece of stock charting
excellence" only to find that when you reload it later it looks
terrible?

I maintain several charts that require manual y-axis settings,
customized date ranges, or even indicators that are overlaid without
scales.  Unfortunately MS 6.5 doesn't preserve these settings when it
reloads a chart (.MWC) file or a Smart Chart.  So my carefully
constructed masterworks look terrible each time I reload them.

The solution is to save important charts as part of a layout file.
After creating a new chart and getting it to look just right, I use
the "File.New.Layout..." command and then use the resulting dialog to
add my chart to the new layout.  Layout files (.MWL) preserve the
scaling settings which can make all the difference sometimes.

Let me know if you found this tip helpful,
Chip
http://coolhistory.com/ChipsCharts