Re: Is quote.com a good provider of EOD data ?

Hi again!

I have append my programm. I hope you like it.
I programed it not in VB 4.0 - i used the programlanguage 'C' for that program.
I used VB4.0 for another one...
Should be no problem, its only a info.
Some infos about the pogram i wrote:

It searches at first for the FIRST textfile in the directory you start the program.
Be sure that only the source file from quote.com is in there.
No other textfile's.
If you start the program without any textfile in the directory it makes an error.log file.
I need it for my automatisation......
Thats it. The program don't change the name of the file.
The converted file has the same name!!!
Don't start it more than one time for each file.
If you do it the volume will dividide with 100 again and so on.
Check it out, but make a copy at first for the source file from quote.com before you begin
the testing.
I made for each exchange a directory. e.g.  c:\convert\nasdaq
                                                              c:\convert\nyse.....
I copied in each directory my little program and every day the new textfile from quote.com.

With the systemmanager from win95 i started my program at a time i have set at night.
So it converts automatic the new files i loaded down.....
You could handle it for your things....
Downloading converting.... works without me at my system.

OK thats about my program.

I don't know about warrants at the Vienna Exchange.
I don't trade at that Exchange.
It is the only Exchange in Austria.
The index has only stocks from Austria listed in.
Not one from the eastern Europeans.

If you have further questions.......
If you would have a change in the program i wrote let me know!

I hope i could help you!

Greetings and a lot of cash in the new year

Juergen