indicator building

I'm working on a new indicator and have come across a stumbling block. If
anyone has done what I'm trying to do I would appreciate some assistance.

I'm building an indicator that runs a formula on all stocks in an industry
and subtracts out the market average. I run an exploration to gather the raw
scores, copy it into Excel, and run the downloader to convert it back into
metastock as a new plot. What I need to do next is to subtract this plot
(which represents the market average), from the individual stock score (the
formula run previously). I'm having difficulty in getting metastock to
recognize the new plot and how to subtract it from the previous formula. I'm
currently using v6.0 and just ordered the v6.5 upgrade. Would it be easier
to do in v6.5? Thanks.

Mark D. Jala
Lakeside Analytics