[amibroker] Re: Problem importing amiquote data for new symbols

  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:55:46 -0000
  • From: "jollypolly999" <jollypolly999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Problem importing amiquote data for new symbols

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ftm50" <ftm50@xxx> wrote:

 I'm new to Amibroker and am having a small but critical problem.

 When I download EOD data for new symbols in amiquote and then import it into Amibroker, it doesn't appear in the open database - even if I do auto-update from the tools menu no data for new symbols gets imported into Amibroker.
thanks,

 ftm

Hello, I have attached a database base set-up procedure that if followed correctly will work.  It may pay to start again from the beginning. Follow the instructions in the PDF document and it will work.  1.7 MB.

http://introductiontoamibroker.com/book.html

This is what I do.

1) Open Amibroker Directory (not the program) and create a New Folder in the Amibroker Folder. Call it what you like.

2) Exit Amibroker Folder.

3) Create a ticker list in " notepad"  making sure I  have the exact same ticker code and suffix as in Yahoo.

4) Save this ticker list in Amiquote Folder as a .tls file.

To do this - Click on "File" then "Save As" then "Save In" (Amiquote) and "File Name" ( the name of folder I created in Amibroker in step1)   .tls

5) Exit "notepad".

6)  Open Amibroker Program ..... then  click on "File" (top left corner) click on "Open Database..."  then from click  on the folder I created in the Amibroker directory. Click OK. Leave Amibroker program open for the time being as we do the final step.

7)  From my "All Programs" list ( bottom left of computer screen ..  Start, All Programs) I open "Amiquote" and then in "Amiquote" click on "File" -> "Open" -> "Look In" ( Dropdown menu) and find "Amiquote Folder" in Amibroker Directory. There will be your ticker list as a .tls file.

8) Click on your ticker list in the Amiquote Folder and then set the dates for historical or whatever.

9) Click the green triangle to start downloading data.

10) When the download is complete  close Amiquote. Now bring the Amibroker program up and File -> Save Database.

10) Finished

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/