[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Crashing While Using IQFeed Plugin

  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:34:34 -0000
  • From: "Christopher" <ganamide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Crashing While Using IQFeed Plugin

Thanks Marc and ReefBreak,

I used Task Manager to determine that the memory limit in AmiBroker is causing my problem. I tried adjusting the memory settings in the Data Preferences tab, but they seem insufficient for my purposes. I cannot set number of symbols to something less than 10, and I cannot increase maximum megabytes over 1023. Are there hidden registry flags to modify these restrictions?

I am working with large histories for a very small number of symbols, and it seems that I could avoid the crashes and avoid having to manually flush the cache if I could only set the number of symbols to something in the 3-5 symbol range, or if I could increase the max cache memory to make better use of my RAM.

Actually, I thought I had 4GB RAM on this machine, but it turns out that I only have 2.5GB right now. Does the max cache size increase if I add more RAM? Does it also increase if I go to x64 platform?

It would be nice if AmiBroker (or the plugin for IQFeed) automatically flushed the cache instead of crashing. Seems like this shouldn't be happening. Is there at least a keyboard shortcut to flush the cache, so that I don't have to keep going to database settings dialog?

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my post. It has been frustrating getting all setup for using AmiBroker to backtest my ideas (I just want to trade!)

Good Trading,
Chris

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/