[amibroker] Re: Group info in AFL

Hi,

What you are suggestiong is going to be both difficult and error prone.

1. I am not aware of any way to get the name of the active formula, other than using COM to find the active window and parse its titlebar.

2. The filter settings allow you to include from any combination of group, wathlist, market, etc. as well as simultaneously exclude any of the same. So, what name would you use for a mixture like that?

You might be better off declaring a ParamStr that you set before the run such that the value entered is used as the name of the resulting equity curve. Use the Parameters buttom from the AA window to set the desired composite name, then run the backtest.

e.g.

SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
SetPositionSize(2, spsPercentOfEquity
);

fast =
MA(Close, 25
);
slow =
MA(Close, 200
);

Buy = Cross
(fast, slow);
Sell = Cross
(slow, fast);

atcName =
ParamStr("Equity Name", "EC_Custom"
);

SetCustomBacktestProc(""
);

if (Status("action") == actionPortfolio
) {
   bo =
GetBacktesterObject
();
   bo.Backtest();

if (StrFind(atcName, "~") != 1
) {
      atcName =
"~~~"
+ atcName;
   }

AddToComposite(Foreign("~~~Equity", "C"), atcName, "X", atcFlagDefaults | atcFlagEnableInPortfolio
);
}

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "f8fcs" <nickdepeyster@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use one formula file to generate multiple, distinct equity lines. The idea is that I will just change the "apply to filter" in Automatic Analysis and run the backtest while not changing the pointer to the formula file. Each time I run the backtest on a new filter group, I will create a new equity line that has a label that reflects the group was being filtered for that particular backtest.
>
> So if I selected a group called "XYZ" for a formula file "ABC", on running the backtest the equity line might be called "~~~EC_ABC_XYZ"
>
> It is easy enough to create a custom-labeled equity line on a one-off basis, but I want to make this more flexible by referencing whatever group I have decided to filter with in Autmoatic ANalysis. The article I used is here:
>
> TO get this to work, I need to figure out how to obtain the name of the group that is being filtered. I tried Name(), CategoryGetName() etc and they don't seem to give the right output.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/