Re: [amibroker] Database EOD values gone on Intraday backfill

This is one of my complaints which makes the mixed EOD database
useless for me.   The EOD data has no more significance than your 1
minute data.  If your number of slots is full, then every minute, one
EOD day will be shifted off the end to make room for every new
minute.  If you have a years worth of EOD data, then in a few hours,
it will all be shoved off the end by minute data.

Ten years ago, I built my own database for an EOD system that kept
track of one year of EOD data, then 5 years of Weekly data.  I
aggregated a weeks worth of EOD data into a weekly bar when I added
more days, so I only replaced one, not five of the weekly bars with 5
EOD bars. There was an invisible line where the timeframe changed in
the database that was never violated by adding new data.   I think
this is what one would expect to happen, which is why it is so
confusing to see all the EOD data vanish.

At this point, I only have an 18 month long 1 minute database, and I
do everything with it.

Hope this helps,

BR,
Dennis