Re: [amibroker] Re: HOW TO PLOT PRICE, MACD, STOCHASTIC ON ONE CHART?

Bistrader --
Yes you insert link 3 times, once for each chart.  You want to do them consecutively, before doing any other charts for other strategies, because they are numbered consecutively as they are entered.

Oops, for the third chart it should be:
if(GetChartID()==chartID + 2){
instead of:
if(GetChartID()==chartID + 1){
That's what I get for using cut and paste.

BTW, I embedded an image in my first post.  It is not displayed, if you view the posts on the Yahoo groups web site.  However, if you view posts in your own email, it is displayed.
-- Keith

bistrader wrote:

I will give it a go. Do I insert link the same afl 3 times? Once to get xxxx and display price, a second time for Macd and finally for stochastic?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xx.> wrote:

> bistrader --
> Looks like you might be trying to take to large a bite out of that
> sandwich all at once.
>
> Can you do the following to your satisfaction?
> 1. Plot the price chart with the EMA. Leave the shapes for later.
> 2. Plot the MACD histogram on the same chart. Again, shapes for later.
> 3. Plot the Stochastic on the same chart. Again, shapes for later.
>
> I gave up trying to do the above long ago. Instead, I have three
> separate charts, displayed horizontally. I use one .afl, with the
> following construct:
>
> ////---- code -----/////
> chartID = xxxx; // get xxxx using 'insert' indicator, not 'Apply'
> indicator.
> // do as many inserts has you want charts, in your case 3.
> if(GetChartID()==chartID){
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
> ; // plot price and emas here with shapes if desired
> _SECTION_END();
> }
> if(GetChartID()==chartID + 1){
> _SECTION_BEGIN("MACD");
> ; // plot MACD here with shapes if desired
> _SECTION_END();
> }
> if(GetChartID()==chartID + 1){
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Stoch");
> ; // plot Stoch here with shapes if desired
> _SECTION_END();
> }
> ////---- end code -----/////
>
> Once you've have that working you can move the size and reorder the
> charts by using on screen manual manipulation. Scale, display dates,
> etc. independently.
>

> bistrader wrote:
> >

> > I am having problems with Plot statements in one afl that I want to
> > plot Price (with EMAs) at the top, Macd histogram in the middle and
> > stochastic at the bottom. Each of the 3 has PlotShapes as well.
> >
> > Here is what I have.
> > 1. I use the following for price with EMAs and with plotshape arrows
> > at top. This works fine:
> > Plot(Close, "Close",colorBlack,styleThick);
> > Plot(ema, "EMA",colorRed,styleThick);
> > OffsetTradeArrow = -25;
> > PlotShapes(ema_buy*shapeUpArrow, colorGreen, 0, Fund, OffsetTradeArrow);
> > PlotShapes(ema_sell*shapeDownArrow, colorRed, 0, Fund, OffsetTradeArrow);
> >
> > 2. Then, I move on to Macd histogram where I am having problems with
> > Min and Max values to start with and then with how to overlay its
> > PlotShapes:
> > Plot(MACD_Histo,"MACD_Histo",colorBlack,styleHistogram|styleOwnScale,min?,max?);
> > OffsetTradeArrow = -25;
> > PlotShapes(macd_buy*shapeUpArrow, colorGreen, 0, MACD_Histo,
> > OffsetTradeArrow);
> > PlotShapes(macd_sell*shapeDownArrow, colorRed, 0, MACD_Histo,
> > OffsetTradeArrow);
> >
> > I play around (a lot) using an rsi example posted here but not making
> > any progress. I can get Macd_Histo times 100 (Macd_Histo*100) to plot
> > with min at -100 and max at 100/20*100 or 500, but have no idea why I
> [...]

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/