Re: [amibroker] Re: Is it possible to export financial data from Access to Amibroker database?

Are you trying to import static values per symbol (e.g. the current PE of Bayer AG is 24) or a series (On 2009/01/01 the PE of Bayer AG was 20; On 2009/04/01 the PE was 24, etc.).

Ami has fields per symbol that you can use to store the current variable. Scroll down the link that RZ posted to "IMPORTING FUNDAMENTAL DATA FROM OTHER SOURCES". That will allow you to do an ASCII import and populate your DB with fundamental values for each issue. You will want to look over the ASCII importer documentation. You could just export the data from Acess into some type of CSV file.

If you wanted to build a series or array (e.g. a history of earnings), the only way to do that, I think, is to make Ami think the series is an individual security. You would want the ticker to be something like BAYER_EPS and populate that with the data you have. At least that is how I would go about it (in that case).

- Tim

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM, teachme_please <teachme.thanks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for your reply. My Access database contains information for non-US stocks which are not available from yahoo. I seldom trade in the US markets. Keep losing money. I guess it's because there are too many smart traders/investors operating in the US market. I performed better in non-US markets.

I did some research. Am I right to say that AFL is not useful for my objective of exporting fundamental financial data from Access database into Amibroker database? To do that, I will have to use the Amibroker development kit?

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/