Re: [amibroker] AmibrokerUniversity

Congratulations on starting up ABU!

I wish you all great success with this service.

Best regards,
Dennis

On Sep 22, 2009, at 4:31 PM, Bruce wrote:

OK, all, it is time to go public with something that Howard Bandy, Bill Barack, and I have been working on for quite a while.  We have taught seminars utilizing Amibroker for several years, and have seen a need for help at all levels (beginner to very experienced user)  in learning and using Amibroker.  We have created a site called AmibrokerUniversity that addresses 4 areas -
  • Free articles, movies, and code.  These will tend to be shorter and more general in nature.
  • Items that are sold - such as screen cam movies of seminars, and advanced AFL app's or utilities.  There are currently three seminars.  They are edited versions of conference seminars that are in the range of 7 - 9 hours each and broken up into manageable sections.
  • In several weeks, we will turn on the paid subscription portion of the site.  There will be a couple of longer articles each month, some accompanied by movies, plus AFL app's.&nb sp; For example, Howard also plans to cover certain chapters of his book based on the results of a voting poll.
  • Lastly, there is a site-specific forum with its own search facility.
So, why this format.  A couple of reasons -
  • We find ourselves answering the same questions several times and when Yahoo is used - the answers are almost impossible to find via the site search.  Plus many topics can be addressed much better with pictures, screen-cam movies, etc.
  • Web 2.0 features and screen-cam movies make for a much better experience.  That can only be done on a custom site.
    Of course, users can check whenever they want and also set up a RSS feed.  But, we plan to send a digest once a month of both new free and new paid content to registered users and subscribers.
Here's the main link to the site.  Registration is required for access to the free areas, and all that we ask is the opportunity to send an occa sional summary of new content and features -

AmibrokerU

Come register, look around - particularly on the What's New page, and join us in the evolution of this site.  Any and all suggestions welcome.  I'll try to make a specific summary post later of what has been initially uploaded.

BruceR
www.amibrokeru.com

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/