Re[2]: [amibroker] How to Port-Backtest many WLs

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] How to Port-Backtest many WLs

This code shows my attempt at running a portfolio Backtest over many WatchLists, and get only one BT summary per test. I added the name of the WatchLists to the AA report. The trading system is just dummy code to run the opt - please substitute your own.

let me know if you can improve on it ;-)

herman

function ParamOptimize( description, defaultVal, minv, maxv, step )

       {

       return Optimize(description, Param(description,defaultVal, minv, maxv, step ), minv, maxv, step );

       }

SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);

PosQty = 5;

SetOption( "MaxOpenPositions", PosQty );

WLNum = ParamOptimize("WL#",932,0,928,1); // I use PD data

StaticVarSet("WLNum",WLNum);

SetOption ( "UseCustomBacktestProc", True );

if ( Status( "action" ) == actionPortfolio )

{

    bo = GetBacktesterObject();

    bo.PreProcess();

    for ( bar = 0; bar < BarCount; bar++ ) bo.ProcessTradeSignals( bar );

    WLNum = Nz(StaticVarGet("WLNum"));

    WLName = CategoryGetName( categoryWatchlist, WLNum );

    bo.PostProcess();

    bo.AddCustomMetric( "WL", WLName );

}

QWL = InWatchList( WLNum  );

Buy = L < Ref( L, -1 ) AND QWL;

Sell = H > Ref( H, -1 ) AND QWL;

Short = Sell;

Cover = Buy;

BuyPriceSellPrice = ShortPrice = CoverPrice = C;

PositionSize = -100 / PosQty;

PositionScore = Ref(MA(V*(H-L),10),-1);