[amibroker] Re: finding pairs

Herman -

Envision a raw text output function not tied to a bar.  It is similar to RawTextOutput in the CBT.

In your correlation example, it would be an explore on the current symbol with no bar output, and a call would exist for each pair in the ticker pair loops that passes a threshold test. And after the loops, SetSortColumns could be used to get the descending correlation list at the end.

I'm reluctant to show the RawTextOutput example that models this because it really is a hack that abuses the use of the CBT.

And regarding your note about string arrays, IMO, there really are not string arrays with VarSetText().  You could say that we can simulate many string array functions with VarSetText() by using conventions.  There would be a few important differences in practice, though.

Anyway, with a raw column text output function in Explore, I could do most of what we are discussing.

-- BruceR

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/