[amibroker] Re: TimeFrames: Is their use flawed?

It is not 100% clear. Assume that you are on 1 minute chart and you calculate 5 min timeframe and the current time is 9:03AM. Does it mean that your timeframe boundaries are (going back): 9:03, 8:58, 8:53, .... or traditionally 9:03, 9:00, 8:55 .... (9:03 is incomplete). If the last option is true there is no difference between traditional timeframe and your timeframe with the exception of the last bar (yours takes values from the incomplete last period, traditional from the last complete bar).
As a curiosity,  what do indicators actually show on charts ? Assume that I have two charts: 1 min and 5min and the current time is  9:03 and RSI(14) is plotted on both charts. On 1 min charts RSI includes Close from the last incomplete 1 min bar and on 5 minute charts RSI includes current close at 9:03 (not at 9:00). So if I want to use one chart (1min interval) and timeframe functions instead of two charts I will not reproduce 5 min chart on 1 min chart (close at 9:00 will be taken instead of 9:03). Is this correct ?

AF

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/