[amibroker] Re: coding help request- higer values...

Well, you're question is actually a bit complicated. The direct answer would be:

Trigger = ...;
Buy = Trigger AND Close > ValueWhen(Trigger, Close, 2);

The above assumes that you wanted to buy on the trigger bar and that you would know immediately that that bar was in fact a trigger. We use a lookback of 2 since 1 would map to the current bar (which is also a trigger bar).

Where it gets complicated is that in your example you mentioned pivot low. You can never know whether a bar was a pivot low until one or more bars into the future. Therefore, you must alter the code to make the trigger be the point at which you can actually recognize the pivot low as being such (i.e. the bar one or more bars in the future from the actual pivot low at which point you are able to look back and say "yes, that was the pivot low"). See AFL Library for examples http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=353

That being the case, you must use ValueWhen for both the Close of the current pivot low and of the one preceding it:

PivotLow = ...;
Trigger = ...;

Buy = Trigger AND ValueWhen(PivotLow, Close, 1) > ValueWhen(PivotLow, Close, 2);

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/