[amibroker] Re: Multiple Strategy System

Brian,

I've done a some prototyping of the duplicating symbol process for running multiple strategies.  It turns out, as Angelo pointed out in an earlier post, that duplicating and renaming exported symbol text files for import is not much of an issue.  I've found several programs that can rename all the files at one time (much like I could do using wild chars in DOS 20 years ago...).  Importing the symbols back into AB is also fairly easy because multiple import files can be specified at once.  Thus, the most time consuming task is the manual entering the symbol information like margin, tick size, and point value since unlike stocks, with futures most of the symbols have different values.  I'm not going to dwell on how best to duplicate symbols too much because it's generally a do once process.  By the time I can automate the process, I can probably do it manually.

BTW, I'm still verifying the idea of combining multiple systems using duplicate symbols.  I'm testing it with 2 systems and so far the results appear to be correct.

Regards,

David

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/