[amibroker] Re: Multiple Strategy System

ang_60,

Duplicating the symbol data for each model is actually a very interesting idea.  In my case that would be 12 x 27 = 324 symbols and 12 watchlists.  Is there an easy way to duplicate a symbol?  If I export, copy file, rename file, import, manually type in the symbol information (tick size, margin, point value), and manually add to a watchlist, I think I'm looking at about 2 minutes labor per symbol.  That would be about 11 hours of setup where it's easy to make a mistake...  One little mistake can lead to much more time trying to locate mis-typed symbol information or missing symbol in watchlist...

In addition to the 12 watchlists, I assume there would need to be a super-watchlist with all the symbols that would be specified for use by the portfolio back-tester.

Your excellent suggestion actually gives us a way to run multiple systems simutaneously on the same instruments (via different symbol names) without worrying about scaling-in and out or simultaneous long and short trades.  I now have to decide if I want to take on the labor to set it all up and verify...  I've read posts in the past of people running back-tests and explorations with hundreds of symbols so I assume AB can handle 324 symbols (I know it will be hardware dependent).  AB uses so little resources with 27 symbols, I'm thinking 324 should not be a problem.

Many Thanks,

David

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/