Re: [amibroker] Re: Multiple Strategy System

Hello,

Exactly, if watch lists (or groups of symbols trading different systems) are mutually exclusive
then simple if-else does the job.

Slightly extending Mike's example:

 if (InWatchList(1))
{
   // Strategy 1 here
  buy = ...
  sell = ...
  short = ...
   cover = ...
   SetPositionSize( ... );
 }
else
 if (InWatchList(2))
{
 // Strategy 2
  buy = ...
  sell = ...
  short = ...
   cover = ...
   SetPositionSize( ... );
}

The only case when things can get complex is when you want to trade more than one system
on very same symbol (i.e. that two or more systems open simultaneous/overlapping positions on same symbol).

Position sizing can be applied without custom backtester for many cases (dollar value, % of portfolio equity, specific number of
shares)
using SetPositionSize function http://www.amibroker.com/f?setpositionsize

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko