Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Brain fried, How do I plot a zero line on my MACD

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Brain fried, How do I plot a zero line on my MACD

I didn't read all the emails but wouldn't adding this, inside the MACD section, do the job:

Plot(0,"",1,1|styleNoRescale);

herman

Saturday, June 27, 2009, 11:16:49 AM, you wrote:

> Maybe not...

> Through this discussion, the problem has been reduced to aligning the

> min/max range of a MACD styleOwnScale plot to another zero line

> styleOwnScale plot statement.  Therefore, the only way to do this is

> to find the min/max values of the MACD function in the visible bars

> range and use those numbers in both plot statements, or make the MACD

> range symmetrical and then the zero line statement can be any

> symmetrical range.

> I am happy with my dual colored plot line at this point.  However, to

> complete the original idea, I could use a simple loop to find the min/

> max numbers of the MACD, but I am now wondering if there is a "faster"

> execution way using array logic instead?

> It seems like a waist of time to create an array of the Min/Max over

> that range for all bars, then just use the last value.  I use loops

> when I only want a single number result related to the Min/Max value

> over the last n bars only (like the visible bar range).   Am I missing

> an opportunity to approach this in a more efficient way?

> BR,

> Dennis

> On Jun 27, 2009, at 9:06 AM, gmorlosky wrote:

>> maybe....

>> IF ( MACDline == Signalline) // histogram value equals zero

>> X = lastvalue(MACDline-Signalline);

>> Plot (X,"", colorblack);

>> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

>>> Yes, I have it set to 100%.  The absolute values of the indicator

>>> will

>>> vary wildly, depending on the price and volatility of the stock.   I

>>> plot ES, so the values are quite large at times.

>>> BR,

>>> Dennis