Re: [amibroker] Re: Managing many layouts-formulas

Nope!  Won't work - not even if you crib an example.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Ton Sieverding <ton.sieverding@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Really not ? ModifyTABName("Sheet 60","Last Sheet");

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: dingo
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Managing many layouts-formulas

It is NOT possible using either AFL or COM .

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Ton Sieverding <ton.sieverding@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure it's possible, Herman. Open an AWL in the Layout directory and modify the TAB names with the available low level AFL commands :

2454 100
Brian Weekly SP
1
3087 100
ETFRotation
1
1883 100
Being Exploration
1
1291 100
DonchianChannel
1
2100 100
Sheet 28
1
0 50
Sheet 29
But that's not what I was asking for. I hoped some where some how there is an instruction called ModifyTabName(OldName, NewName). Or something like that. If not available it's my job to get that instruction programmed. Grey hairs and a lot of Java coffee... The idea is simple. AmiBroker handles the combination of an AFL and Symbol. Call it the AFLSymbol object. But AmiBroker does not provide me the facility to select this kind of objects. The user is opening an AFL. After that he/she selects the Symbol. I want to select the combination. You remember Partity Plus ( 1987 ) ?

Kind regards, Ton.