From: Ed Hoopes
Sent: June 02, 2009 2:43 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Do all trading systems stop working? - Howard Bandy's book

Wave,

I should have included the time frame I was ranking over.  My ranking is EOD, for trades lasting from a few weeks to a few months - basically swing trading.

The point I was trying to make was that Howard Bandy may be right, but there are still sectors of the market that outperform the broad averages like the S&P  -  at least over the short term.

Another point that Bandy makes is that very short term trading systems (day trading) seem more resistant to breaking - so all may not be lost.  Finally, another curious feature is that an end of the month trade covered in his book is well known but continues to work - witness the last few days of trading ! !

ReefBreak