Re: [amibroker] Re: Attn. Gurus: Newbie Trading Strategy Exercise Question

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:22 AM, brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- here is one definition

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/02/101602.asp

(written by an unknown author, or authors)

- here is an interpretation of the original (?)

http://www.afsd.com.au/article/hottrader/solomana.htm

Thanks for both the links. My search for different types of trading over, at least in my skimming & absorbing mode. I had never visited investopedia. A good resource now known to me.

Written by a person who is making a living out of selling something? OR trading?

>From that article .... quoting Gann (?):

"Gann's basic rules for trading swing charts are ...

....The trend is down when there are lower swing tops after a swing bottom has been broken. The trend is up when there are higher swing bottoms after a swing top has been broken."

Is that true?

How can you prove, or disprove that statemtent?

Can you use Gann charts in AB?

"Further, Gann defined a pyramiding technique, which is adding more positions in the direction of the trend."

Is this a trading system rule or a Money Management strategy?

If this is a MM strategy is it a valid one?

Further than that ... was Gann a successful trader?

How can we know that ... was his trading performance recorded and audited by a qualified independent third party or are we relying on hearsay?

Did he make his living trading OR selling something?

You can see that there are a lot of fundamental truths to learn about trading ... sooner or later, if we persist, we all come across them in one format or another.

Soon after I got started I had compiled a mental list of the fundamental challenges and now, years later, I have an answer to most of the questions on that list ... formulating the pertinent questions is challenging .. finding the answers to those questions takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention right thinking.

BTW

dissemination != decimate; (apologies for the spelling mistake)

If it were an exams, I would have left the school, rather than waiting for the results ;-( Isee what you mean about lot of fundamental truths to learn....hope I will know some of them in the next yew years of my study into TA & Trading in general.

Regards.
Sanjay.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/