[amibroker] Re: Intrabar entries

Marcin provided a methodology for this. i have not tried it but will probably do this weekend. if anyone wants to try, here is the note.

The way I see it would be to have 2 nested loops, where you go (backwards, from the last quotation):

1) main loop iterates bar-by-bar and writes Currently processed bar's close to a custom array.
2) then internal loop starts and picks only previous DAILY values to i-1, i-2 cells of the custom array (as far as lookback-periods are required for your indicator).
3) once you have the necessary bars - calculate your indicator based on such input array (wiht regular AFL function)
4) write i-th value of your indicator into the final array that you will use.

That doesn't seem to be very effective procedure (as in step 3 you will be calling array-function - as many times as you have bars), so probably you would need to use AddToComposite to store results of such calculations for each symbol (otherwise the backtests could be pretty slow).

I've tried to code it now and quick test shows that it works fine for 3-day MA (I've spot-checked it with BAR REPLAY), but please test it thoroughly.

Note that such kind of support is far outside of regular support, so you will have to adjust the code for your needs yourself (I left _TRACE calls in case you wanted to do some debugging) and I haven't been testing that throughly (but at a glance it seems fine).

dn = DateNum();
bi = BarIndex();
LastBarOfTheDay = dn != Ref( dn, 1);
myDailyARRAY = Null;
finalArray = 0;
Lookback = 4;
Counter = 0;
for( i = BarCount-1; i > Lookback; i--)
{
//   _TRACE("------------------------------");
//   _TRACE("bar: " +NumToStr(bi[ i ],1) );
   myDailyARRAY[ i ] = Close[ i ];
//   _TRACE("myDailyARRAY[ i ]" +NumToStr(myDailyARRAY[ i ] ) );

//   _TRACE("-----internal loop");
   for( j=i; j >=0; j--)
   {

//      _TRACE("counter: " +NumToStr(Counter,1) );
      if( LastBarOfTheDay[ j ] )
      {
         myDailyARRAY[ i-Counter-1 ] = Close[ j ];
         Counter++;
//         _TRACE("myDailyARRAY[ i-Counter ]" +NumToStr(Close[ j ] ) );

      }

      if( Counter > Lookback )
      {
//      _TRACE("-----internal loop break <<<<<");
      Counter = 0;
      break;
      }
   }
   myMA = MA(myDailyARRAY, 3);
   finalArray[ i ] = myMA[ i ];
}

//AddToComposite(finalArray, "~myComp_"+Name(), "X");
Filter = 1;
AddColumn( finalarray, "array");

Best regards

Marcin Gorzynski