[amibroker] Re: Questions....any help appreciated

Hi,

This forum is a user's group in which the software author (often) posts. It is not a direct line to the AmiBroker company.

However, the users here can usually answer your questions for you.

1. Yes. The AddColumn function is used for Explore functionality to add your own columns. An exploration is essentially a scan that outputs more than just buy/sell signals.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=5

Similarly, you can add your own "custom metrics" to the backtest report, whatever they should happen to be. You can add both trade by trade metrics and overall summary metrics.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_custommetrics.html

2. This is really just another way of asking question 1 again isn't it?

3. Yes and no. Out of the box you can simply use AddColumn to add the RSI as an output column. The resulting table can be sorted both programatically and manually via the column headers. The exploration would print one row per symbol satisfying your Filter statement.

To limit the output to a subset of results would require some creative programming or a 2nd pass explore such that the top 'x' positions are persisted on the first pass and the second pass would Filter to just those positions on the next pass. The issue being that each symbol is scanned/explored in isolation and does not know what the value was for any of the remaining symbols. Thus, sorting generally must take place after the fact.

However, if your list of symbols is fixed (such that you may hard code references to them in your script), or you are willing to read a dynamic list from an input file, you could write code to peek at the value for each of the other symbols (via Foreign command) to do the sorting on the fly.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/