[amibroker] Re: testing multiple systems simultaneously

Ang,
Yes, we are thinking exactly the same.  Rebalancing is just a work-around for a problem with the less-desirable approach anyway.

No, I am not a programmer.  I run my own non-trading business that keeps my pretty busy during the week but I love trading and have found system development (and programming) a necessary component of that but it is only a means to an end for me.

The problem with #3 is exactly that.  One of my current systems trade mean reversion on index futures, one is a short only system that trades equities, and one is a long-only system that trades equities.

Graham's approach still might work for the two equity based systems, I'll have to dig more into.  There are some issues in that one is an EOD system that trades the open but the short only system sells the open and covers on the close of the same day so the trade delays and several other settings will need to be adjusted via code as well.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/