[amibroker] Re: testing multiple systems simultaneously

> The main problem is not technical but "human" .

If you do decide to implement one day surely an empirical model will overule subjective opinion.

The Markowitz/Vince model is the only mathematical method I know of to construct portfolios with system diversification.

Are there any others?

> I guess that everyone
> that would be interested, would like to have rebalancing >implemented differently.

Sadly I am pessimistic that the best method will be palatable to the majority.

Still ... FTR

- theoretically 'no-one' trades at optimal f ... those ignorant about f may stray to the right while those in the know go left.
- while 'rebalancing' frequently is best commissions etc mean that this can not be achieved
- since perfect rebalancing is impossible to achieve the practical compromise is to rebalance less .... taking the correct stake (rebalancing) at entry is the practical solution to keeping left of opt f and maximising returns, as far as practicable.

No doubt, however, that the majority will want to test this theory for themselves i.e. they will want to set commissions/slippage and frequency of rebalancing to obtain reports on all 'what if' scenarios.

Heaven help us if public opinion ever converges on the logical solution ... a matrix BT.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/