[amibroker] Re: testing multiple systems simultaneously

Thanks D,

Thanks for the references.  It seems as if the subject lines of these are never very intuitive for searching.

The Feb 25, 2009 post has some pertinent info but doesn't quite solve the issue.  If I had 1 long + 1 short system, i know how it would be done but I am still not sure how to handle it with multiple long systems, or multiple short systems.

For example, say there are 4 system, one that trades long and short the SPY, another system that buys dips on high RS equities, another system that shorts failed breakouts, and a long only system that buys when there is a full moon (these are only hypothetical).

Each of these 4 systems might has their own entry, exit and position sizing rules and I'd like to be able to test the cumulative totals of these 4 systems trading from the same equity pool (and staying more fully invested as a result) rather than running each partially invested with their own equity pool.

I am learning my way around the custom backtester so I am not afraid to go there if need be.  I have mentioned this in previous post but I am in the process of migrating over from Traders Studio and this is one of the last "big" issues left to tackle.

Thanks again for your time.  I fully understand it is everyone's most precious commodity.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/