[amibroker] Re: backtesting: is it possible to look into the "future" by mistake ?

Short answer; Yes, it is possible to look forward by mistake.

You can use the "Code Check & Profile" menu item from the Tools menu of the Code Editor to do a quick look for future leaks. This can give false positives and may not cover custom looping and jscript.

Typical functions that lead to future leaks include LastValue and Ref (when using a positive argument).

Plot your signals on your chart, then scroll the chart. If you start seeing signals change, chances are you've got a future leak. Once your happy with a backtest, it is a good idea to go through every trade by hand and verify that the information to enter/exit the trade was actually available on the dates that the backtest entered/exited.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/