[amibroker] Measure % change: Oscilators pos/neg

Problem: Oscillators with ranges that span positive and negative numbers tend to exaggerate ROC() calculations as the oscillator approaches the zero line:

I would like some opinions on calculating the rate of change for oscillators whose range of values spans positive and negative numbers. Assuming one wanted to measure purely the rate of change and exclude any relevance to the position of the oscillator above or below zero, would it be best to modify the value of the oscillator before applying the ROC() function? For example an oscillator with a range of negative 50 to positive 50 could be modified by taking it's value and adding 50 to it before applying the ROC(). This would take out any negative values and give a true percentage change over time would it not?

But this likely creates one problem to fix another. As when you add 50 to the oscillator you merely move the exaggerated ROC() calculations to the bottom of the range instead of the middle.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this as well as some sample code. I tried creating my own but it does not proved any better results than using a straight ROC() and the raw value of the oscillator.

  Pete  :-)

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/