[amibroker] Re: What can a proven programming loser like me do with AB / AFL?

Hi, Samantha,

I think you might benefit from the recommendations I recently gave to Warren in message #137101 regarding Howard Bandy's "Introduction to AmiBroker" book.  He describes the beginning foundations for programming that you need to learn in order to use AmiBroker effectively.  For someone like yourself, who is having difficulty learning to use the AFL programming language, there are many simple exercises to practice with.  At Howard's website (given in my previous message #137101), download some of the sample contents of the book and see if this would be of help to you.

Since you say that you have many ideas to explore, I would encourage you to take the necessary time to learn how to program in AFL...it can 'pay off' greatly and likely would be worth your while.

After you become more comfortable and proficient with using AFL for the more simple tasks, you then might want to consider reading Howard's more advanced book "Quantitative Trading Systems" to give you additional guidance (and coding practice) to properly test and improve your trading system design ideas.

I hope this helps you get past the 'blockage' of learning to use AFL for your particular purpose(s).

Take good care......

Buzz

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/