[amibroker] TimeFrameSet(-900)

Hi,

This post is related to the immediately prior post. I'd like to look at bars in AFL and plot an indicator from a higher time frame while plotting a lower time frame of the main instrument -- basically, validate what a setup on a lower time frame by looking at the higher time frame (lower is 300 ticks, higher is 900 ticks).

I emailed support, got a question back, responded, and it sort of died there. But I'm interested in how others are using it/how successfully anyway.

The code looks something like this.

TimeFrameSet(-900);
HigherTFClose = C;
TimeFrameRestore();

HigherTFCloseNow = TimeFrameExpand(HigherTFClose, -900, expandLast);

What I found using _Trace() statements is that HigherTFCloseNow seemed to hold a single value. I had understood that the TimeFrameExpand() function created an array filled with continuous values from the higher timeframe, padded, or repeated, in order to align the array with the array of values from the lower time frame.

Maybe I'm missing something. How have others made use of this and does it work for you? Thanks,

Gordon

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/