Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo becoming too unreliable to maintain this group...???

So, these mods are available, but phpBB doesn't bother to use them on
their own boards?  Why would they not use that functionality?  Is it
too much work to set up the board ("properly", as you said) for such
features?

I agree with you that such forum structure CAN add functionality.  All
I can say is my experience has been they end up subtracting more
functionality then they add -- at least for the way I use them.  If
that's because of they way people set up phpBB (or vBulletin) forums,
my only assumption is that the next admin will do something similar.

I did so some searching on the phpBB forum looking for info on RSS
feeds.  I didn't find their search results any more functional than
the Yahoo search results.  Same for vBulletin boards.  I revisited a
few such forums that I haven't been to in months, to see if they had
added any RSS or email capabilities.  The fact that I haven't been to
them in months should tell you how functional I found them to be...

And, to tell the truth, I think your average new user doesn't look at
a forum as a knowledge base -- whether it be Yahoo, vBulletin, or
phpBB.  They don't see it as a place to SEARCH for information.  They
see it as a place to go ask a question.  And the same questions get
asked over and over again.  Plus, I don't know how many times I've
seen a question on something like an EXCEL forum that could easily be
found on Google, by just typing in the question there.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/