[amibroker] Problem with IQFeed Backfill

Hi All,

I have a 1 minute intraday database of around 400 symbols which I maintain using IQFeed.

I am not permanently connected to IQFeed, hence, in order to bring the database up to current data, I run an AA explore on the latest bar on all symbols, using the "Wait for Backfill" option. I normally run this once daily after the market closes.

This has worked pretty well until recently when I changed my machine from Vista 32bit to XP 64bit.

When I run the above, on many occasions the list would stop at any one symbol (no pattern in particular... seemingly at random) and would stop at the "Waiting for Backfill" stage. The accompanying Amibroker-IQFeed Data window, which normally shows the current backfill, does not show this symbol.

In order to resolve the issue, I restart Amibroker - but the whole process would stop again in a similar manner on some other symbol.

Any ideas on what I can do in order to determine whether this problem is occuring from IQFeed side or from Amibroker side? Is there a better way to update data than using the AA/wait for backfill feature?

regards,
Claude

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/