[amibroker] Re: Testing for new bar using string manipulation and quotation time

Isn't it true that the new bar does not officially start until the first tick comes in? That makes sense since the open is the value of the first tick that arrives and there is no guarantee it will arrive exactly on the second. This can be right on, a few seconds into the bar or 20 or not at all.  I am not sure what happens if no tick arrives during a bar. Does AB simply create a new bar with the close of the previous bar carried forward as the OHLC?

I traced TimeNum and the bar time does not change until the tick comes in. It did not seem to matter what the Time stamp in preferences is set to. So in that sense it is in sync with the market. Whenever the first tick arrives the bar opens, you get the open price and it is in sync with the market.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/