[amibroker] Re:Data updation from MS Excel file to AB

Please refer to previous thread in Digest no. 8524
3a.

Re: AB and Excel

Posted by: "jtoth100" jtoth100@xxxxxxxxxxx   jtoth100

Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:10 pm (PST)

Hi,

I use ODBC data plug-in. I have an SQL database with all historical data. It work fine. I you want to update the last bar only, then you should look for other solutions. There is an other ODBC plug-in, which can be accessed from AFL script and can access any kind of data. Try that, or just write some _vbscript_ to import data to AB.
If you use Excel, you can save data to csv file. That can be loaded to AB directly. It can be automated by script using AB and Excel automation interfaces.

Regards,

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "lamplowman" <lamplowman@...> wrote:

> OK, I appear to have AB importing live data directly from Excel using the ODBC data plug-in
>
> I am using it (AmiBroker 5.00.1 Standard Edition) in EOD mode and hoping to get the chart updated live during the day.
>
> Years ago when using QuoteTracker it worked exactly as I wanted.
>
> Using a new database it does not seem to save any historical data
>
> Using an existing database it deletes all historical information and only has current data as viewable in Quote Editor
>
> I don't actually have a chart yet because there is only 1 bar, I thought it would have saved yesterdays bar but it did not.
>
> Is anyone using the ODBC data plug-in and successfully keeping historical data.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "lamplowman" <lamplowman@> wrote:
> >
> > Thankyou Yofa, that is BRILLIANT, you're a GENIUS.
> >
> > Found the plug-in and it's exactly what I am after, a bit confusing about tables in Excel, but I think I have it sorted.
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Yofa" <jtoth100@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You can also use ODBC data plug-in to access Excel sheets.
> > >

> > Thanks Mike, that is interesting.

3b.

Re: AB and Excel

Posted by: "bhanu upadhyay" upadhyay.bhanu@xxxxxxxxx   bhanupu

Thu Mar 5, 2009 1:33 am (PST)

Yes it can import data from excel which should be saved as .csv and thereafter import through File<Import wizard.

bhanu
3c.

Re: AB and Excel

Posted by: "lamplowman" lamplowman@xxxxxxxxxxxx   lamplowman

Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:35 am (PST)

So are you telling me, I can get data from Excel into AB via the ODBC plug-in but AB wont keep it in its own database.

I am trying to get streaming data supplied from WebIress into AB

They have a Web Market Data Add-In for Excel (Streaming)(which works great) code in Excel
=RTDWebiress("QUOTE","BHP", ".C.UD.O.H.Lw.L.Vo.OI.bP.aP.UT")
and I thought I could use it to update AB, I guess not.

Anyone got any idea if we could get the Web Market Data Add-In for Excel to input data directly to AB.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "jtoth100" <jtoth100@xx.> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use ODBC data plug-in. I have an SQL database with all historical data. It work fine. I you want to update the last bar only, then you should look for other solutions. There is an other ODBC plug-in, which can be accessed from AFL script and can access any kind of data. Try that, or just write some _vbscript_ to import data to AB.
> If you use Excel, you can save data to csv file. That can be loaded to AB directly. It can be automated by script using AB and Excel automation interfaces.
>
> Regards,

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "lamplowman" <lamplowman@> wrote:
> >
> > OK, I appear to have AB importing live data directly from Excel using the ODBC data plug-in
> >
> > I am using it (AmiBroker 5.00.1 Standard Edition) in EOD mode and hoping to get the chart updated live during the day.
> >
> > Years ago when using QuoteTracker it worked exactly as I wanted.
> >
> > Using a new database it does not seem to save any historical data
> >
> > Using an existing database it deletes all historical information and only has current data as viewable in Quote Editor
> >
> > I don't actually have a chart yet because there is only 1 bar, I thought it would have saved yesterdays bar but it did not.
> >
> > Is anyone using the ODBC data plug-in and successfully keeping historical data.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/