[amibroker] Re: Editing many Include files

In the past Ive used Advanced Find and Replace www.abacre.com for
bulk name changes.

It's a number of years since I used it professionally so, one would
hope, that it is even more powerful and flexible.

Graham

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Thank you all for the quick an helpful suggestions.  It will take
me a
> bit to explore them all.
>
> Only using a virtual PC for AmiBroker, and using a Mac for
everything
> else, I was unfamiliar with all the possible good solutions
suggested,
> and most are free.  I looked at the websites of each suggested
> product.  Notepad++ is interesting as an open source editor with
many
> features I have seen requested for the Formula editor.  It would
be
> interesting to see something like this directly adapted for use
with
> AFL (including all the syntax coloring).  Perhaps this has already
> been done?
>
> It seems that it would be far easier to support this editor as a
> standard for advanced users than beg TJ to spend valuable
development
> time adding the same features into the Formula editor.  Since it
is
> open source, perhaps TJ or another C++ wizard could just add the
> specific Formula editor stuff into a custom version of Notepad++
(or
> visa versa for TJ).
>
> Herman you have asked for TJ to open up the formula editor for add-
> ons, and add features like syntax folding, etc.  This would be the
> ultimate for add-ons with open source.
>
> Ok, I am off to download and try things out for a while.
Suggested
> programs:
>
> Ultraedit
> Textcrawler
> TexRep
> Notepad ++
> Regular Expressions
> EditPad Pro
> Custom JScript
>
> Thanks again,
> Dennis
>

> On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:46 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have my system broken into about 30 include files now.  Now I
must
> > get around a problem that is one of the reasons I resisted using
many
> > includes for so long --editing the same content across all
includes.

> > Let's say that I decide I want to change the name of a variable
to a
> > more descriptive name -- like RibSel to RibSelMenuOpen.  If
everything
> > is one file, I just search and replace every one.  However, if the
> > locations are spread across some unknown number of my include
files,
> > how do I manage to do this operation simply?
> >
> > The task is made harder because the formula editor search dialog
data
> > does not transfer to another open formula editor file.  Currently
I am

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/