Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: A shorter syntax to reference past elements of array

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: A shorter syntax to reference past elements of array

fwiw, I routinely define these values at the top of my code:

O1         = Ref(O,-1);

L1         = Ref(L,-1);

H1         = Ref(H,-1);

C1         = Ref(C,-1);

and also sometimes O2,... O3, ... and so on. dito for other often used statements.

NONE of the suggested formats can beat this!

herman

> I think using the Ref should be kept just the way it is. I cannot see

> how any alternative method would be less confusing to newbies.

> btw you can change

> P = (Ref(H,-1) + Ref(L,-1) + Ref(C,-1)) / 3;

> P = Ref(H+L+C,-1) / 3;

> and thus reduce the amount of typing :)

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/