[amibroker] Re: A shorter syntax to reference past elements of array

I think you can see know that POLLS are good at ramping up the feel
good barometer but fraught with design bias issues etc (did you
include (C,-5) which is backward compatible, distinguishes it from
array subscript and consistent with math convention ... fine for lazy
typers like me).

A forum discussion is good for clearing your thoughts, gauging the
range of user opinion and bringing up new ideas.

In future, ditch POLLING and stick to forum discussion.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Tomasz,
>
> > I have second thoughts as well, as it truly may create lots of
> >confusion.
>
> No, don't start having doubts now ...you were correct in the first
> place.
>
> The Ref() part of the function was always redundant and overkill
for
> such a simple thing (it isn't even really a function is it?).
>
> Signed integers are NOT truly intuitive but actually just
> subconscious habit .... it is in our minds from our school days
that
> (-) means go left along the number line and (+) means go right
along
> the number line.
>
> Keep to this worldwide (mathematical) convention and all will be
well
> e.g.
>
> - in bar index we start at the first bar and go right 0,1,2,3 etc
> - in referencing bars from today, we go left C(-5) or right C
(+5) ...
> except that the plus sign is also redundant.
>

> I commend you on your attention to detail ... many small
improvements

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/