[amibroker] Re: A shorter syntax to reference past elements of array

Is it not possible to use a more conventional syntax like:

C - C[5] (not square brackets instead of parens)

Or as I prefer to write out since it is often hard to tell the
difference between O and 0.

Close - Close[5]

I would also like to be pedantic and be able to say Close[0]

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Re: [amibroker] A shorter syntax to reference past elements of
arrayHerman,

> You are right that it maight be confusing, therefore I was thinking
about using this short form only to reference past
> (as it is most common scenario, considering the fact that we all the
time attempt *not* to look into the future).

> The whole story is just to make common expressions like C - Ref( C,
-1 ) shorter, like this:  C - C(1)
> but I have second thoughts as well, as it truly may create lots of
confusion.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com