Re: [amibroker] Re: Blank Space in AmiBroker 5.21.0 BETA

Tomasz,

IMHO, having this as an AFL setting would give a lot more value.
Perhaps something like:

SetChartOptions(mode, Flags, gridFlags, ymin, ymax, maxBlankBars =
BlankBarsPreferencesSetting)

If more than one pane in the chart, then the largest number wins.

I believe something like this would satisfy all the different comments
I have seen expressed about this and be fully backwards compatible.

A chart would start out as it does now with the default number of
blank bars.
No scrolling would go beyond this number.
If this SetChartOptions() specifies a new number, then one of two
things happen, and I am not sure which would be better for most users
(option 1 would be best for me):

1.  Number of blank bars is set to the new number for this chart only
(all panes), or
2.  Max number of blank bars is increased to this new number, but must
be scrolled to make it happen.

Please consider this or something similar while you are working on
this feature.

Best regards,
Dennis

On Feb 15, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It is "chart" (i.e. window) specific already.
>
> OK, I see that this feature creates some trouble for some of you,
> so it will be optional, plus one enhancement will be added making it
> easier to revert to "normal" without switching symbol.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

>>> for groups of plots, but not quite enough for my individual plots,