Re: [amibroker] Re: The ultimate charting challenge for AB?

Herman et al,

IB works and so does Esignal. Esignal is really the better choice - the data is pretty much the most reliable (that is a big reliable) and affordable in comparison with everything else. (Tradestation didn't even carry the dax until maybe 2 years ago), others are pretty expensive.

I basically trade the fx futures, like euro and pound, but occasionally have dabbled with the taiwan idx (singapore exchange), and the nikkei (also in singapore).

There are many pitfalls when trying to plot this on a chart. I am in Japan, the euro opens 5 pm Japan time and fizzles out around 2 am Japan time. If you want to have todays or yesterdays high plotted on a chart, the numbers will be all wrong because of the date change.

That then necessiates changing the chart display via Symbol/Categories/Groups/Intraday button and basically checking every single step along the way. No display can be taken for granted and I basically always assume that what I am seeing is not what I was asking for. (isn't that called the null hypothesis?).

Same goes for code, if the code asks for the high of the day, is it really the high of the day or some other high - that is what I constantly have to ask.

The rest is all the same.

brian_z111 wrote:

>Still would like to know if anybody is working with global charts...
>anyone out there doing this?

Yes, a little.

I'm up to IntermarketTrading 101

I found some areas of interest but haven't pursued it in depth
because the list of interesting trading opportunities is so long.

It gets a little tricky, depending on what you want to trade, because
of different exchange times and the differences in traffic between
the major and minor exchanges e.g. oil trading out of London ...
Brent versus WestTexas .... some US traders play the early market via
Europe? ... plus the US has more than one exhange competing for
futures traders ? .... then there is some connection between
Singapore oil trading and the NYM ... plus there is a new Futures in
exchange in the Middle East (Dubai I think) where middle east oil is
traded.

The latter two exchanges, and the trading that occurs there, is a
little difficult to track.

I am still interested though .. I have no choice because the US
trades at night, my time, so I have been forced to Europe even
thought the US is my favourite market.

Some Aussie traders happily trade Asia ... even the esoteric markets
like Indonesia but I haven't dug into them.

The attraction for the Aussies is that Asia is in our time zone and
also our neighbour ... I guess that people who travel there for
business a lot start to take an interest in their exchanges.

The mechanism I use is eSignal and my broker, who provides clunky
Java charts and easy international access to the top stocks on the
top international exchanges plus the major currencies and major
futures.

I am doing this from Aus, with a local bank account, at the moment.

Sorry, I kept away from IB until the sun comes out on Wall St again,
because the accounts are held at Citibank, NewYork and I don't want
to be there at the moment.

**** IMPORTANT ****