[amibroker] Re: interesting article

The code is rough - it's just to show Pivot == midpoint

PV2 = (H+L+C)/3;

PV = (H + L)/2;//Midpoint

rg = H - L;
//R1 = 2*PV - DL;//+ midpoint - Low == half range
R2 = PV + rg;
R3 = PV + 2*rg;
R4 = PV + 3*rg;

//S1 = 2*PV - DH;
S2 = PV - rg;
S3 = PV - 2*rg;
S4 = PV - 3*rg;

//Plot(S2,"S1", colorRed,1);

//Plot(R2,"R1", colorGreen,1);

Plot(PV2,"PV2", colorBlue,1);
Plot(PV,"Midpoint", colorBlack,1);

>).... if
> the hit rate is different to this, over a long period, then the we
> are quite confident, but not certain, that the market isn't truly
> random.

That part is a bit crappy .... sorry ... we are all human and not
always on our game!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Since the forum brings us together for better or for worse .... as
> friend playing the devils advocate:
>
> - I find this type of stuff very interesting
> - I like to think about things like this and in probabilities etc
> - I haven't ever found anything special about Pivots =
(H+L+C)/3 ...
> it is basically the midpoint = (H+L)/2
> - the logic of this trade (for say R2,S2) is that the price today
> will cross yesterdays median price +_ yesterdays range.... forR1,S1
> it is half of yesterdays range
>

> PV2 = (H+L+C)/3;
>
> PV = (H + L)/2;//Midpoint
>
> rg = H - L;
> R1 = 2*PV - DL;//+ midpoint - Low == half range
> R2 = PV + rg;
> R3 = PV + 2*rg;
> R4 = PV + 3*rg;
>
> S1 = 2*PV - DH;
> S2 = PV - rg;
> S3 = PV - 2*rg;
> S4 = PV - 3*rg;
>
> //Plot(S2,"S1", colorRed,1);
>
> //Plot(R2,"R1", colorGreen,1);
>
> Plot(PV2,"PV2", colorBlue,1);
> Plot(PV,"Midpoint", colorBlack,1);
>
> //mentally project the plots forward one day
>
> I would say that is highly likely to occur.
>
> - the author has prob of 3/10 for the first occurrenceNOT and
> therefore we expect 0.3 * 0.3 for the second occurrenceNOT).... if
> the hit rate is different to this, over a long period, then the we
> are quite confident, but not certain, that the market isn't truly
> random.
>
> If the market is random no one could ever make any money in the
long
> term ... non random behaviour does occur sometimes.
>
> Non -random behaviour can only occur because the market has
> underlying validity i.e. fundamental reasons to move in a direction
> OR because of irrational human behaviour (mild collective
insanity!).

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@>
> wrote:
> >
> > yes looks like it. Tested on the EOD data of SPY an opening
between
> R2 and R3 has 83% chance to hit R2, a 64% change to hit R3 and a
42%
> chance to hit R4. Looks like they want to push it through R3
> >
> > regards, Ed

R2

**** IMPORTANT ****