[amibroker] Re: interesting article

Since the forum brings us together for better or for worse .... as a
friend playing the devils advocate:

- I find this type of stuff very interesting
- I like to think about things like this and in probabilities etc
- I haven't ever found anything special about Pivots = (H+L+C)/3 ...
it is basically the midpoint = (H+L)/2
- the logic of this trade (for say R2,S2) is that the price today
will cross yesterdays median price +_ yesterdays range.... forR1,S1
it is half of yesterdays range

PV2 = (H+L+C)/3;

PV = (H + L)/2;//Midpoint

rg = H - L;
R1 = 2*PV - DL;//+ midpoint - Low == half range
R2 = PV + rg;
R3 = PV + 2*rg;
R4 = PV + 3*rg;

S1 = 2*PV - DH;
S2 = PV - rg;
S3 = PV - 2*rg;
S4 = PV - 3*rg;

//Plot(S2,"S1", colorRed,1);

//Plot(R2,"R1", colorGreen,1);

Plot(PV2,"PV2", colorBlue,1);
Plot(PV,"Midpoint", colorBlack,1);

//mentally project the plots forward one day

I would say that is highly likely to occur.

- the author has prob of 3/10 for the first occurrenceNOT and
therefore we expect 0.3 * 0.3 for the second occurrenceNOT).... if
the hit rate is different to this, over a long period, then the we
are quite confident, but not certain, that the market isn't truly
random.

If the market is random no one could ever make any money in the long
term ... non random behaviour does occur sometimes.

Non -random behaviour can only occur because the market has
underlying validity i.e. fundamental reasons to move in a direction
OR because of irrational human behaviour (mild collective insanity!).

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
wrote:

> yes looks like it. Tested on the EOD data of SPY an opening between
R2 and R3 has 83% chance to hit R2, a 64% change to hit R3 and a 42%
chance to hit R4. Looks like they want to push it through R3

> regards, Ed

R3 has

**** IMPORTANT ****