Re: [amibroker] OT: PC security / Virus protection

Ara,

3 suggestions:

1. If you're looking for a new AV program, Avira Premium is rated best in
the latest tests, and it's also rather fast. (Kaspersky AV, recommended by
Joseph, used to be one of the best but has been falling behind lately.)
2. You should seriously think about switching from IE to Firefox with the
plugins Adblock Plus and Noscript. This provides excellent protection
against drive-by downloads, cross-site scripting (XSS), click-jacking etc.
3. The best protection against malware is using a limited account in
combination with a Software Restriction Policy as described on
http://www.mechbgon.com/srp/ . It's virtually impenetrable for malware
provided that you install new software only from trustworthy sources. See
also this thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=200772

Regards,

Thomas

**** IMPORTANT ****