[amibroker] Re: exploration for custom indicator

Hey Steve.  the error says "error 29. Variable 'a' used without
having been initialized." I know I need to show it what "a" is but I
cant figure out how to do that.If it was a simple RSI,I could just
say that and AB would know what I'm referring to ,but this is
something I came up with on my own,so I dont know what to call it
when I want to assign it a variable.

If I were to use a variable as a filter,how would the exploration
know what the variable is referring to? For instance,what if I had
used the variable "a" in ten different indicators,how would the
exploration know which I'm referring to?

I understand why it needs more info, I just dont know how to express
it. I've tried the name of the indicator file but it doesnt recognize
it.

I'm pretty much a novice, as I'm sure you can tell, so little things
like this get me bogged down quite a bit. I'll try and work thru it
and if I manage to figure it out ,it's usually something simple and
I'm kicking myself for not figuring it out sooner. I'm sure this is
relatively simple,but I can't get it to work. Thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi - what error message are you getting?
> It looks like your indicator already has a name - "a"
> Does this work...
>
> Filter = a < 10;
>
> Steve

DEVLOG: