Re: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: How NOT to show all the built-in metrics in the backtester?

Friends,

I for one do not care if additional flexibility is crated by XML files, plain text files, DLL files, JScript, AFL includes, OLE... blah blah blah.

It does not require learning a new language to use something that was written in a different language.

I do not personally use anything but indicator mode for my systems, so I am not biased for or against this particular item.  However, I have a keen interest in similar solutions proposed for other functionality that I do use, and I am all for it.

Give me any "reasonable" way to get additional functionality into AFL.  If a reasonable way is available that can be expressed with an include AFL file, it does not matter the details of the language, because all that can be hidden inside a function or include.

For example, If a function required a JScript language to set certain settings via ActiveX who cares.  Just give me the script and I will use it.  I don't have to even know JScript or ActiveX at all to use it.  Wrap it in an AFL function and stuff it in an include with a bunch of other nifty functions and I would be quite happy.

Need an XML file to control something, fine!  Make an AFL program the takes parameters and generates the XML text file and give it away to everyone, or generate it on the fly with an AFL function that takes all the parameters and stuff it into an include.

We have a wonderful tool with AB and AFL.  When TJ offers to expand it to your needs in a way that meets his also... jump at it!!!!
I only wish I had more opportunities to do that with my requests.

BR,
Dennis