Re: [amibroker] Re: How NOT to show all the built-in metrics in the backtester?

Ozzy --
Yes, at this point it seems to be easier to live with all the extra columns than to learn how OLE works.

I believe, long ago, before the suggestion page was implemented on AB site, that I suggested to TJ that no columns be displayed by default, and that the all columns and their widths be specified programmatically and/or in a settings page.  Obviously the suggestion was not implemented.  IMHO, it would be a significant improvement over the present system.

I did get your previous response.  But I understand your concern.  I had to post my request three times before it finally went through.  My two others were on 1/14, 1:04am and 1/16, 1:39am.  Just recently these were finally delivered.  Yahoogroups can be unbelievably slow at times.
-- Keith

ozzyapeman wrote:

Seems my response did not go thru. Reposting:

Keith - did not get around to implementing any OLE. Living with the
extra columns for now. But if I do write any code for it, will post it
here in the future.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xx.> wrote:

> Ozzy --
> Any chance you have already gone through the pain of implementing the
> appropriate OLE code. If so, would it be possible to share it and some
> brief instructions on how to use it? That would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> -- Keith
>
> ozzyapeman wrote:
> >
> > I asked this Q on the board a few weeks ago, and the consensus was
"no".

> > But you can export the report using OLE and run an exploration showing
> > only the columns you want:

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
<mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "huanyanlu" <huanyan2000@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just learned to add some custom metrics into backtester. But
then I
> > > find that some of the built-in metrics in the backtester are not
> > > important in my way of analysis. So is there a way to show only
some of
> > > the built-in metrics , together with my added custom metrics ?
> > >
> > > According to the help file, it seems that the backtester object can
> > > allow you either show all the built-in metrics, or not show any of
> > > them .
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help
> > >
> > > Huanyan

**** IMPORTANT ****