[amibroker] Re: Telechart Volume Data Error when read by Amibroker

Thanks Steve,  you code worked fine.  I added it to all of the volume-
related indicators that I now use, including a file with lots of ATC
functions that accumulate volumes for indexes.

I think you are right that its unique to my machine.  I had removed
TC from my machine a couple of years ago, but didn't remove the TC
database directory from Amibroker.  Before reinstalling TC I did
remove all contents within Amibroker's Telechart directory but I kept
all the broker.xxx files that contained layouts and watchlist data.
Then I reinstalled the TC database into Amibroker and put the old
broker.xxx files back into their proper directories.  It all worked
great except for this one day with screwy volume data.

BTW, is there an proper method to remove a database from Amibroker?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Werner - In my experience using plugins like TC and QP, any
changes along
> those lines, if AB even allows you to make them, are likely to be
> overwritten the next time the plugin reads the 3rd-party DB, which
you must
> do from time to time if you want to get new issues, etc. One
thought, if you
> use an #include file in your codes to define your settings as some
do, you
> could add a line there that redefines the Volume array, then any
call to
> Volume after that should use the redefined array. It shouldn't
rewrite your
> DB but might make things easier.  Funny thing is, I think we have
quite a
> few people here that use TC for their data and I don't recall
anyone
> mentioning this before, which makes me think the problem may be
unique to
> your machine. You might try creating a new DB, or possibly try
creating one
> that stores the data locally and then one that doesn't to see if
that has
> any effect. Good luck!
>
> Steve

Amibroker

> > Thanks Steve,  Putting that code into every indicator that uses
> > volume is going to be a drag but I guess that's the only choice.
Is
> > there a way to permanently embedd the corrected volume for that
day
> > into Amibroker's database so that it overrides the data that it
mis-
> > reads in Telechart?
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi - Can't tell you why it happens but you could try this as a
band-
> > aid...
> >>
> >> MyVolume = IIf( DateNum() == 1071108, Volume / 100, Volume );
> >> Plot( MyVolume, "MyVol", colorRed, styleHistogram );
> >>
> >> Steve

Nov 8,

> > are set

> > directly to