[amibroker] Re: Optimization Question

Fred
A while back Tomasz commented about "non continous parameter spaces".
Doesn't the use of on/off variables introduce discontinuities in the
solution which will present problems when using IO, CMAE, PSO types
of optimizers? I appreciate your comments - thanks Larry

"CMAE, PSO and most other non-exhaustive methods are best for
continuous parameter spaces. Discrete spaces where adjacent param
values result in wild changes in fitness tend to be very difficult to
optimize in "intelligent" manner.  Best regards, Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com"

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ftonetti@xxx wrote:

> One way to do this is to have an on/off ( 1/0 ) optimizable
variable for each indicator so that individual indicators are either
used or not and then let optimzation make the determination.

**** IMPORTANT ****