[amibroker] Re: Transferring AmiBroker to another PC

TJ,

Sent you a bug report.

Sadly my custom toolbar buttons don't appear despite moving across the
registry entry you suggested.

Anyway, that aside, I now have blank tab headings at the top of my AB
utility windows... How can I get the headings back given that I
shouldn't be editing the registry?

TIA

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If you copied all files and the registry it should be fine.
> (Broker.exe-CommandBars51 file stores custom button graphics)
>
> It is important to understand that:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TJP
>
> is DYNAMIC key (i.e. it depends on currently logged on user)
> If you mix up users you will have problems. For example if you
> import on Admin account and log onto some other user account
> you will not see what you expect because HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> is SEPARATE and independent for each user on Windows (admin
> and other user do NOT share this)
>
> Error 47 is the exception - you would need to send the full report
> (uncheck Tools->Preferences->AFL->Catch system exceptions in
indicators and commentaries)

> Also to the previous poster:
> you should NOT touch (i.e. modify) registry entries via RegEdit.
That is specifically the case for binary entries.
> If you modify ANY binary registry entry you are likely to generate crash
> because you will corrupt entries by not knowing the format of binary
entry.

> The only allowed operations on AB registry binary entries are:
> - deletion
> - import/export
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko