[amibroker] Re: Tried All Past Suggestions - Amiquote data not imported

Ken,

I answered you but it didn't get through - Yahoo board is a bit
finicky the last couple of days.

AFAIK AQ  is not a crippled except that after it downloads extra
fundamental data for 20 sysmbols it doesn't download the rest and
then messages that.

I haven't entered my key since a reinstall so I am unregistered and I
went through the basic steps for 100 symbols

- data
- fullname etc
- extras (stopped at 20)

with no problems so the issue was something other than AQ.

Yahoo gets some bad press and AQ is not perfect but IMO they are a
great workhorse (people would be surprized to know that current
intraday prices for indices, as viewed on Yahoo, are eSignal and
match my eS charts so it is not all bad data).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ken Close <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Answering my own question (and for possible benefit of new users).
>
> It seems there should be clearer Help comments on what conditions
are and
> are now allowed in the UNREGISTERED version.
>
> But, my problems went away once I REGISTERED AQ, and then started a
new
> database.  Symbols and their data imported flawlessly, and even
more nice,
> selecting the Yahoo Basic Fundamentals data then imported FullName
and a
> bunch of fundamental statistics.   As the Help file states that the
> UNREGISTERED version is limited to 20 symbols for importing
fundamental
> data, I believe I "messed up" the database having imported more
than that
> number.  It would be nicer if a warning message box flashed if you
tried to
> import more than 20 symbols of fundy data, but admittedly that is a
smaller
> point.
>
> AQ, for those who have never tried it, is a pretty nice tool and
represents
> great programming by Tomasz, which is what he is noted for.  I am a
late
> convert to the program and am glad I registered it.
>
> Ken
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Ken Close
> Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:42 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Tried All Past Suggestions - Amiquote data not
imported

> I searched and found several threads on Amiquote not pushing data
to AB, or
> the data not getting into AB.
>
> That is what is happening to me right now.  Here are the things I
have
> tried.
>
> Using Version 2.0
> Making sure only 1 instance of broker.exe is running.
> Manually entered one test symbol in AQ.
> Automatic import is checked.
> Click green arrow.  Msg says Imported.
> Close AQ, say no to saving.
> Look in AB.  Run Scan.  Refresh All.
> No data loaded.
> Repeated the above after renaming log file in AB folder.
> Same result.
>
> I previously had downloaded data fine.
> I have run loaded FullNames into database by selecting Yahoo
Fundamental as
> source--it seems like my problems began after having done this step.
> I have subsequently run a script from dingo to add fullnames, which
it does.

> Does anyone have any suggestions.
> Do I have to delete the Database and start over.
> I read in Howard Bandy's new book that you must (should?) add
fullnames to a
> database before adding data, "or the database can be messed up".
Is that

**** IMPORTANT ****